Date(s) - 23/08/2015
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Etete Community Hall
Help those who cannot speak for themselves at the Pet Sterilisation Project #AnimaltalkCares
Date – 23 August 2015
Time – 10am – 5pm
Venue and address – Etete Community Hall – Ward 5 (outside of Shakaskraal)
Two Ballito NPOs (Furever Pet Rescue & Animally Haven) have partnered with various local businesses to launch the first Pet Sterilisation Project. The goal of this grassroots program is two-fold:
- To address the issue of unwanted births of puppies at its point of origin through sterilisation of females, and
- Education on common issues such as mange, regular vaccinations, proper feeding, etc.
It is our intent for this to be the first of many such projects serving areas where animals are at high-risk for unwanted pregnancies & disease. This launch effort will take place on Sunday, 23 August at the Community Hall in Etete.
Residents will be asked to bring their dog to register. Each registrant will be given a packet of dry pet food and information. The vets on site (with volunteer assistance where required) will treat the animal for mange if required. Then they will give each animal a vaccination shot & de-worming tablet. If healthy enough, females will be sterilised.
We require donations in the form of:
- Cash. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for banking details and please use “Etete” as the reference.
- Adult Dog Food.
- Food & Dishes.
- Clean blankets.
- Non-perishable food items (it’s difficult for people to think of feeding their pets when they are going hungry themselves).
- Your time. We will need volunteers to collect donations from drop-off points prior to event. The day of event, we’ll need volunteers to assist the vets, help with registration and run dogs to the vets for sterilisation.
For more information