Happy Hooves Desperate Call for help! YOU can help, read how you can get involved and help those who cannot speak for themselves.
Many of you may be aware of Happy Hooves Horse Haven and their endless struggle to care for the resident horses whilst continuing to reach out to others.
The reality is this:
- Happy Hooves currently accommodates 25 horses, 4 ponies, 4 donkeys, 9 dogs and 10 cats, all of whom are rescued animals with the exception of maybe five in total.
- The organisation has overextended their funds/finances by every means possible and continue to do so on a monthly basis.
- In an effort to reduce overhead costs, they moved to a more affordable property at the beginning of October and reduced staff to only one farm hand but this has left their facilities severely lacking with no hands to do the necessary maintenance work.
- Their overhead costs at present is in the vicinity of R38,000 per month, excluding maintenance and breakdowns.
- The projected cost to bring the facilities up to minimum standard is in the vicinity of R250, 000– this is primarily for the restoration of ruined buildings which they aim to convert into stables and the construction of holding paddocks so that they may start to manage grazing and save money in the long run.
Here is how you can help:
- Donate in the form of dog food, cat food, baled grass, paddock fencing, roof sheets, paint, gum poles, cement, irrigation pipes, implements etc.
- Sponsor a horse at R1,000 per month, a pony or donkey at R500 per month, a dog at R200 per month or a cat at R100 per month.
- Sponsor the construction of a stable at R15,000
- Sponsor the construction of a holding paddock at R10,000
- SPEAK TO YOUR EMPLOYERS – Corporate sponsorship is ideal! Take our plea to your financial department and encourage them to support Happy Hooves. Remember: donations to NPO’s are tax deductible and increases your BEE score!
BECOME PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN JUST EVERY DAY LIFE – YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! PLEASE HELP HAPPY HOOVES TO CONTINUE THE WORK THAT THEY DO….
Look at Naji, an Arab foal rescued by Happy Hooves last weekend where she stood struggling with snares around her neck and leg. Around her, lay the remains of three other horses who was not as lucky as she was. Naji’s entire herd is at risk and Happy Hooves are pursuing action against their owner who abandoned these horses on an un-fenced property where they are unfed and uncared for. Who will fight for them if we don’t?
Happy Hooves Horse Haven is a privately funded yard and registered Non-Profit Organization that offers a safe haven to a number of retired, abused, abandoned, neglected and unwanted horses, ponies and donkeys. Happy Hooves is a pro-life organization and does not trade in horses, nor do we breed with rescued mares and/or stallions.
For more information: