Crucial emigration documents required

[Advertorial] Emigrating to another country can be daunting. There are just so much to think about and to get ready, and if your pets are joining you on the life-changing journey, it is best to start planning long in advance.

Each country has its own set of rules and documentation requirements and it is necessary to find out exactly what is needed.

Q: What are the typical documentation required to emigrate to another country?

A: Import permits, veterinary health certificates and up-to-date vaccinations are non-negotiable requirements. All pets need to be microchipped and blood tests (if applicable) have to be clear before any travel is allowed.

Hazel Imrie – PETport


Q: What are the typical vaccinations that have to be in place before you can emigrate?

A: All countries require 5-in-1 and rabies for dogs, and Felocell and rabies for cats. Depending on the country you are going to, valid vaccinations must generally be older than 30 days and less than 12 months.

Hazel Imrie – PETport

086 722 7678


Get The Latest Updates

Subscribe To Our Monthly Newsletter

No spam, notifications only about new products, updates.
On Key

Related Posts

Q & A: Lonely dog

Q: One of our dogs recently died of old age, and now the other dog is extremely lonely and clearly misses him tremendously. What can