By now most of us is getting tired, but hang in there, not much longer! Going on holiday is definitely something to look forward to, and it’s even more fun if you take your dog with! It will be a strange experience for him, and it’s up to you to keep him safe and happy. Here is a checklist to help you with that:
- Can your dog come on holiday? Is he well socialised? You will probably bump into other people and their dogs. Does your dog have the personality? A nervous dog probably won’t cope with travelling or being in a strange place.
- Make sure you do your homework before you leave. Is your dog allowed inside? Do you need to bring your dog’s bed? Is there enough space for your dog?
- Bring along any medication you think you might need.
- Make sure there is a vet in the area in case there’s an emergency.
- Bring along your dog’s food and lots of bottled water.
- Make sure that you bring plastic bags with you on outings so that you can clean up after your dog.
For more advice on taking your dog on holiday, look out for the December issue of Animaltalk, on shelves soon!