With the Animaltalk Top Dog Awards ceremony done and dusted, we are not done celebrating and continue to introduce you to some of the champions!
3rd place, medium:
Liesl Plekker with Nikki
Name of dog and handler Gypsy vom Schloss Feengrund (Nikki) and Liesl Plekker
Dog’s breed and age 2-year-old Mudi
1) 3 way champion – Dog Jumping, Agility contact & Agility non-contact
2) 2016 Gauteng Provincial colours in Dog Jumping and Agility
3) Member of the 2016 winning interprovincial Dog Jumping Team
4) Member of the 2016 medium team representing South Africa at the Agility World Championships in Spain
5) Winner of the Quincy Grohovaz trophy for the best overall medium agility dog at the Bloemfontein bumper weekend in August 2016.
What do you enjoy most about agility? Spending time with my dogs
How would you describe your dog’s personality? When Nikki is working she is very focused, enthusiastic, strong-willed and loud! She, however, also has a softer side and can be very affectionate and cuddly.
*What is her quirkiest habit? Nikki steals socks and gently carries them with her around the house. She often raids the washing basket and even open drawers and cupboards to find them.
[box type=”info” ]How does BRAVECTO® kill fleas & ticks? After the BRAVECTO® chew is administered, fluralaner is rapidly absorbed and distributed, quickly reaching the tissue fluids lying just under the skin. When fleas and ticks try to feed they take up small amounts of fluralaner with these tissue fluids. The fluralaner causes the nervous system of fleas and ticks to malfunction and it rapidly kills them. By 8 hours after treatment 95% of fleas are dead and by 12 hours after treatment 90% of ticks are dead. This efficacy increases to 100% within a few more hours, and is consistent for fleas and most ticks throughout the 12 week period. Visit www.bravecto.co.za to find out more about Bravecto®. [/box]